The Ultimate Challenge
Speed vs accuracy. Drive 10 screws as fast as you can into the 10 designated zones, you will receive a second penalty added to your time for every screw outside the zones.
The fastest 3 competitors will be invited to the 2015 Silverstone MOTO GP™ for an all expenses paid weekend to take part in the ultimate 'drive off'.
The Overall champion wins £5,000 worth of
Tools plus a vip trip to the Valencia MotoGP™
The current top 5 leaderboard
|Position ||Name ||Time ||Location |
|1 ||Michael Brain ||11.01 ||IFSEC |
|2 ||Jai Laird ||11.2 ||Toolfair Manchester |
|3 ||Ziad Ali ||11.5 ||Toolfair Manchester |
|4 ||Harish ||11.6 ||IFSEC |
|5 ||Stuart Goshing ||12 ||IFSEC |
23. - 24. April 2015
11. - 12. June 2015
16 – 18 JUNE 2015
Compact, lightweight and fast - with unbeatable runtime
|Voltage ||18V |
|Battery Capacity ||2Ah |
|Max Torque ||5-30Nm |
|Power Output ||435W |
| ||0 - 4400rpm |
|Tool Holder ||(Hex) 6.35mm |
|Screws / Charge ||2,250 Timber stud |
1,450 Metal stud
|Weight ||1.9kg |
|Head Length ||335mm |
|Length ||380mm |
|Height ||233mm |
Terms & Conditions
1. This promotion is open to all UK / CI / IOM / ROI visitors at participating events aged 18 or over, except employees and immediate families of the Promoter, its agencies and anyone else associated with the company. (Stanley Black & Decker) Proof of age will be required if deemed necessary.
2. Participants will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and agreed to be bound by them when entering this promotion.
3. The competition runs from 08:00 GMT 23rd April 2015 – 16:00 GMT 30th August 2015 (Inclusive)
4. A series of ‘heat’ style challenges will be held throughout the UK and ROI during the promotional period.
5. All participating events in the challenge will be notified to entrants by the Promoter in the calendar on the Drive To Win promo page www.dewalt.co.uk/drivetowin and on Facebook www.facebook.com/dewaltuk
6. Multiple entries allowed - First recorded time ONLY at each event counts.
7. The contestants are required to drive 10 (ten) screws into plasterboard backed with 2"x4" timber studs in the fastest time possible using the DEWALT Collated Screwdriver – product code DCF620D2K.
8. The contestant/s are required to drive the 10 (ten) screws into 10 (ten) designated zones of varying sizes and a 1 (one) second penalty will be applied for each screw outside the area or not flush and added to the time to give the overall time.
9. All possible effort will be made to ensure consistency of the materials used for this challenge, however the promoter cannot be held responsible for any inconsistencies.
10. Times will be measured using either a stop watch provided by the Promoter staff on mobile rigs or the official timer/s on the main static rig.
11. The DEWALT representative’s decision at each event is final.
12. The times taken will be logged by Promoter staff running the event and will be available to view on the Drive To Win leader board on the promo page at www.dewalt.co.uk/drivetowin no later than 5 working days after the ‘heat’ event.
13. Contestants can enter the challenge at multiple venues throughout the ‘heat’ stages, the contestant can only enter one time per venue/heat and the first time at each venue will be recorded as their score.
14. The ‘heats’ period will end at 16:00 GMT Friday 31st July 2015.
15. Following the close of the competition heats on 31st July 2015, the top 3 (three) times scored will be invited to the final, which will be held at Silverstone race circuit on Sunday 30th August 2015.
16. The promoter will contact the top 3 (three) competitors by telephone and/or email on Monday 3rd August to arrange for delivery of the tickets to Silverstone MotoGP weekend.
17. The remaining finalist place will be decided on the DEWALT activation area at Silverstone race circuit on Saturday 29th August 2015.
18. The 4 (four) finalists will be required to take part in a round of versus ‘heats’ on the DEWALT activation area at Silverstone race circuit on Sunday 30th August 2015.
a. There will be 3 (three) ‘heats’ in total:
b. The 2 (two) finalists with the slowest times will go head to head
c. The 2 (two) finalists with the fastest times will go head to head
d. The 2 (two) winners from these rounds will go head to head
19. The ‘winner’ will be decided by the fastest time from this final heat.
20. In the event of a tie break at the final, the contestants with the same time will compete in a ‘drive off’ where the fastest time will win the prize.
21. The 3 (three) finalists will receive 2 (two) weekend tickets to the MotoGP™ weekend at Silverstone race circuit.
22. The tickets grant the 3 (three) finalists plus guest entry to the UK leg of the MotoGP at Silverstone on Friday 28th August, Saturday 29th August and Sunday 30st August 2015 with grandstand seating, reasonable travel expenses to and from Silverstone race circuit, hotel accommodation on Friday 28th and Saturday 29th of August, including breakfast and an evening meal are also included.
23. The prize does not include any incidental expenses of the winner or guest whilst staying at the hotel to include mini bar, room service and such expenditure is the responsibility of the winner and guest prior to departure of the hotel.
24. Timings and location will be arranged with the 3 (three) finalists prior to the event.
25. The prize for the final, held at Silverstone race circuit on Sunday 30th August 2015, will be a VIP trip to the Moto GP in Valencia plus £5,000 (five thousand pounds) of DEWALT XR tools at the manufacturers SSP inc vat.The prize is non-negotiable and no cash or alternative prizes are available.
26. The promoter will arrange for delivery of the tools to the winner within 4 (four) weeks of the final, as long as the requested items are in stock. Details for delivery will be arranged between the winner and the promoter.
27. The VIP trip to the Moto GP Valencia grants the winner plus 1 (one) guest an all expenses package to include:
a. Flights to and from Valencia
b. Hotel accommodation for 3 (three) nights, including breakfast and an evening meal are also included.
c. The prize does not include any incidental expenses of the winner or guest whilst staying at the hotel to include mini bar, room service and such expenditure is the responsibility of the winner and guest prior to departure of the hotel.
d. Entry to the Spanish leg of the MotoGP at Valencia on Friday 6th, Saturday 7th and Sunday 8th November 2015 with grandstand seating, reasonable travel expenses to and from Valencia race circuit
28. In the event that the winner cannot be contacted, either at the event for any reason, or by telephone by 15th September, the promoter reserves the right to award the prize to the contestant with the second fastest time. The promoter will not be responsible for any inability to contact a winner
29. All Taxes incurred as a result of the prize offered in this promotion are the sole responsibility of the Winner.
30. The date of the finalist’s package is Friday 28th to Sunday 30th August 2015.This is non-negotiable. No cash or alternatives are available.
31. The terms and conditions as stated are final and non-negotiable.
32. The decision of the promoter is final in all matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
33. Subject to their consent the winner will be required to participate in any reasonable related publicity resulting in this promotion without further recompense.
34. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equivalent monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond its control. The prize is non transferrable to a third party not entered in this promotion.
35. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions and any amendment or change in the terms of the promotion will be found on our website at www.dewalt.co.uk/drivetowin
36. Any amendments to these terms and conditions occurring after the close of the competition will be notified to the winner in writing.
37. Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence and so far as is permitted by law the Promoter and its associate companies and agents exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising from any postponement or cancellation of the promotion.
39. This promotion and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and both entrant and Promoter irrevocably agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
40. By entering this competition, if contestants win, their details (name and town) may be disclosed to anyone requesting details of the prize winner.
41. You can obtain the name of the winner by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Mark Douglas, Marketing Department, DEWALT Drive To Win Challenge, Stanley Black & Decker UK Limited, 210 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 3YD.
42. By entering, contestants agree to abide by these official rules and all decisions of the promoter will be final and binding on all entrants.
43. Promoter: Stanley Black & Decker UK Limited of 210,Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire.SL1 3YD.